Thursday, May 04, 2006

UPDATE: My One-Month Plan to Seduce the Chocolate Man



When the Chocolate Man and I get married at the end of this month I will have him design this cake for our wedding. You might think that’s mean—asking the Chocolate Man to design the cake for his own wedding, but this guy’s gotta pull his own weight. Afterall, I’m not paying for everything.

And there’s no way his parents are bringing any cash to the table. He's from Trimdon Station, where the Beatles could have been born but, by providential mishap, were not. It’s a place where people work in mines and empty hardware stores and don’t make much money except when the BBC comes to film a documentary about disappearing towns and boosts the local economy when its crew stops at the local diner to have lunch.

In other words, I doubt the Chocolate Man has a trust fund behind him to pay for our big bash.

That boy will be making his own cake. And he’ll be making it according to my specifications. Big and blue with lots and lots of edible pearls.

Categories: , , , ,

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's one ugly cake!

the Baron said...

You might be uninvited from helping me select wedding desserts. I don't think FD&C food dye #7 is organic.

Moko said...

fyi, the phonecians used #7 in all of their art and food and lovemaking.
and if it's good enough for the phonecians, it's good enough for me.


(i wanna be back on the wedding cake team! pleeeeease! i promise we'll find a great big carrot and carob extravaganza that all of your guests can eat on hemp plates)

Anonymous said...

Ditto on that "ugly cake" comment...I'm vastly disappointed on the cake front...whatever happened to your "no cake/only chocolate" vows? Are you SOOOOOOOO enomored with Chocolate Man to make this leap to blue cake? It might make sense only if you were marrying one of the Blue Men.

Moko said...

well, uh, i was thinking our wedding would have a nautical theme.

Flavia said...

I wandered on in here looking for something else, and I just have to say that this cake is quite lovely, even if it isn't what most people want for their wedding. Marina Sousa is an award-winning cake designer, and this cake is just one of the reasons she is one.

Nova said...

you guys!!
this cake is just soooo lovely and i am sure it will win a contest on a cake competition!! keep up the good work, chocolate man!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering who made your blue cake... Was it Osiris Mustafa? He presented this picture to me and my futue husband and this is the cake that we choose to have just a little different. As of now we areunable to find him and are now wondering if he is ture to being an Executive Chef... Please let me know if this is the person that claims to have ceated this cake for you... thanks Leslie
lcandi28@yahoo.com

Dorie said...

This cake is gorgeous. Is there anyway that I can order it for my own wedding?

Anonymous said...

I totally did this cake, I've never seen a more prettier blue blue color before. Blue is my favorite color,what color blue is it?

Anonymous said...

it's totally too frilly but otherwise it's great! the chocol8te man is a great designer!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

it's totally too frilly but otherwise it's great! the chocol8te man is a great designer!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

it's totally too frilly but otherwise it's great! the chocol8te man is a great designer!!! LOL!

Katherine Fahad said...

oh so romantic and seems very delicious cake.
adventskalender schokolade