- The freaky chocolate children of Moscow
- The long walk home
- Cadbury Offers to Pay £1 of Your Hospital Bill
- Poor Ireland gets stuck with Time Out
- Halloween in England
- UPDATE: My One-Month Plan to Seduce the Chocolate Man
- Cocaine is not Candy, Boys and Girls
- Turndown Service
- A Daily, 5-Second Vacation for The Chosen
Friday, August 11, 2006
Happy Mouth, Sparkle Mouth
That’s what Orbit gum should have been called.
And maybe, if it had been created in Japan, that would actually be its name.
Or maybe Happy Mouth Teeth Pleasure.
You might take issue with the bizarre name, but you have to admit that it’s a much better description of the fantasticity of Orbit gum than the word “orbit” is…which makes me think I’m going to have a cosmic chewing experience. And, while Orbit is certainly out of this world, well, really, let’s be practical here. It’s not really out of this world.
We have lots of things to learn from the Japanese when it comes to naming our products. For example, I have some mugs I picked up last year at the 100 yen shop, and which have this very poetic and totally nonsensical French phrase inscribed on them:
When it rains milk like tea time the doves
In any case, thanks to the Baron for having sent me Orbit! Sparkle mouth sparkles!
Categories: Orbit, gum, Japan