Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Perfect Candy for Puzzling


Work was particularly brutal last week, and even Big Brother was too mentally taxing for me to follow. So I bought myself a puzzle and let it take over my kitchen table.

The only problem was that of all puzzles for a clueless American to choose, one of a London city map was probably the worst choice imaginable. I can’t tell the difference between Picadilly Circus and Cirque du Soleil, let alone where Vauxhall is in relation to Kensington.

In short, the puzzle took me a lot longer than I ever expected, and the whole thing took me a full week to complete. As a result, I had to bring in provisions: strawberry tartsie things (a.k.a. Strawberry Millions). The plan was to eat one strawberry ball each time I correctly placed a puzzle—once again, a perfect example of pairing. What actually happened, however, was that I had to buy six of these packs because my puzzle piece placement speed was so low and one can only hold out against the tempting strawberry bits for so long.

Categories: , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that the puzzle is complete, you can use the sweet goo from the strawberry candies (the stuff that dribbles from your mouth when you've stuffed too many it at one time--I've seen you do it!)to glue it together, frame it, and learn about your adopted city.

Moko said...

nah, the print is too small. i'd rather just stick to the candy