- The freaky chocolate children of Moscow
- Cadbury Offers to Pay £1 of Your Hospital Bill
- Poor Ireland gets stuck with Time Out
- Halloween in England
- UPDATE: My One-Month Plan to Seduce the Chocolate Man
- Cocaine is not Candy, Boys and Girls
- The long walk home
- Turndown Service
- A Daily, 5-Second Vacation for The Chosen
Monday, July 02, 2007
The Future of Chocolate
As is typical with old media, there's a real try for intelligence in this New York Times op-ed. They even bring in little children in Africa to make us cry and score a point on the importance scale.
...But the piece tries to pack too much in and, in doing so, misses the much bigger point: new chocolate legislation in the U.S. could help Hershey continue to produce its superior (albeit crappy) chocolate bars and again trump Cadbury, its crappy rival across the Atlantic....which is good for all of us.
Thanks to Jon--himself a Cadbury fan, I believe--for pointing this piece out.