Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Save the World, One Gobstopper at a Time

I loved Gobstoppers as a kid because you could take them out of your mouth at any point and see how your candy had changed colors.

But as I've grown up I've discovered that a) Gobstoppers really aren't that tasty, and b) there are a lot more effective ways of seeing something gradually change colors, like: buying a mood ring, cutting off circulation in a limb, or having a 400-pound man step on your toe.

So when a friend gifted me with a bag of Gobstoppers, I didn't really know what to do with them. After all, if I can get my multicolor kicks from other things, why spend five minutes sucking on a Gobstopper?

But then inspiration struck. The way to make Gobstoppers attractive again to the masses is to give them an edge, something timely, hip and hot. Like political slogans. Wouldn't you want to share these and give them to friends?

No comments: