Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Worst Idea Ever

People always assume that just because I like to wear scarves I must also spend a lot of time in museums.

In fact, nothing could be further from the truth. Museums mean standing up for long periods of time. And increasingly, museums mean seeing bad art. Like, what if I told you I was going to dismantle a shed, turn it into a boat, load it with the remains of the shed, paddle that boat down the Rhone, then dismantle it and re-make it into a shed? What would you do? I'll tell you what you'd do: you'd award me the Turner Prize. Thanks.

Modern art is all full of weighty pauses and obvious pokes at consumerism and war and television. Bo-ring. But I was fine to ignore it all until my friend Jon alerted me to this: anti- chocolate chocolate.

The designer makes chocolate bars with 20-30% less chocolate so as to encourage us to consume less.

What is this world coming to?

2 comments:

Jon said...

amen!

we should fill the tate crack with chocolate. that would be art.

Luke said...

have you seen the crack? It looked both cool and dumb in the photo I saw.