Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Ssssh...

Look to your left. Now your right. No one there? Good. Now shut the door. I'm going to let you in on a little secret.

Because some of my favorite treats are mainly seasonal (pumpkins, conversation hearts, jelly beans), I have to think ahead if I want them to last all year. Luckily, most of these candies are made of highly artifical and snythetic things, so I don't have to worry about them going bad if I ration them out over several months.

But I do have to worry about robbers. And so do you.

So I'm passing my tip on to you: hide your favorite candies in your old clothes drawer. Not only will robbers not think to look there, but there's an even bigger bonus: since you don't open that drawer all that often, whenever you do have reason to do so you have this wonderful moment of wide-eyed excitement as you discover your Halloween/Valentines/Easter candy sitting at the top!

No comments: