Monday, February 11, 2008

Mummy Dearest

I always look forward to my care packages from my mother. Her beautifully-decorated gifts have become even more important to me while living abroad, as each bag of Brach's Halloween pumpkins, sugary jelly beans, or boxes of Hot Tamales reminds me of the wonder of both my mother, and the motherland.

So you can imagine my delight when I saw an envelope waiting for me when I came home from work the other day.

But instead of the customary, centuries-long tradition of Valentine's conversation hearts, this is what I recieved:
Stickers.

There was a note attached:

Dear Moko, I am trying not to be an enabler. Love, Mom

So I'm holding an open casting call for anyone who wants to be my enabler or mother. Any takers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah, ha...you're one of those "problem adoption" cases, I see...mummy dearest