Thursday, April 10, 2008

Doing weddings the right way

It must be spring (in everywhere BUT London), because people around me have been talking a lot about weddings lately, and particularly wedding food. I have a very clear position on wedding food: all that matters is the cake and sweets. No one is going to think back on a friend's wedding and say, "That was the best baked potato and steak I ever had!" But they will remember that "horrible cake" or those "cheap wedding candies on the table."

So if I ever get around to having a wedding there are going to be sweets everywhere, including in the bridesmaids' bouquets. Maybe I will give all of my bridesmaids Banjamas, lifted straight from my Amazing Thai Desserts pack.

Incidentally, these were pretty gross samplings from my box, but I imagine that if you could get some fresh red bean curd in there they'd be pretty tasty.

5 comments:

John Barrdear said...

If you ever get around to having a wedding?

cybele said...

The best thing I had at my wedding (besides an amazing cake) were these cracked black pepper biscotti with the coffee. They were amazing and I think about them to this day.

くれくれ厨 said...

ないwwまじないwwwwww
なんでアレだけで10マンもくれるの???ww
金持ちってスゲー( ゚д゚)ポカーン
ごちそうさまでしたwww
http://tomama.net/ona/

Moko said...

Barrdear, I will not dignify your remark by commenting further---other than to say maybe I won't invite you to our tropical island desserty paradise wedding.

Cybele, were they sweet? And more importantly, what was your cake like? Was it blue or purple or have neat designs on it? Was the frosting really sugary or was it that high-quality, fatty stuff that everyone but me likes?

Moko said...

oh, p.s. to my more sensitive moko readers: do forgive the third poster, who rears her head every now and then to spam us with sex-related material. I'm keeping it up though because it's funny.

Benjamin-san, if you happen to be reading this, what's with the wwwww's---is it supposed to lots of breasts in a row; her getting excited; what? I don't get it. Seems to be an element of the Japanese language that I never had exposure to...