Friday, April 04, 2008

Gooey Gooey Bars (and insight into my psyche)

I swam my freshman year in college, and for that year, at least, we were a pretty well-financed team. One of the many crazy things they spent the budget on was to bring in a man who touched us in weird ways and then came up with theories about our outlook on life (and, um, the best way for us to be coached).

His big revelation about me was that I don't really care that much about how things look--and he explicitly said that I probably didn't care about what food looked like when it was served to me.

Well, over a decade later, it looks like he was right. Check out my latest baking invention: gooey gooey bars. Yep, that's the name. They look pretty gross but they're actually pretty good if you like the idea of having a granola bar cookie that tastes like a pancake.

No comments: