Monday, May 05, 2008

Pear and Almond Muffins


I've never made muffins before, and in fact I've never really understood why muffins exist (though I suppose they're a good way to get people to consume sugar in the morning.)

But the other night, under the influence of two rather noxious cocktails courtesy of co-workers, I decided to try my hand at making some. I don't quite remember how I arrived at the result--which was rather tasty--but the gist was:

Melt one cup of butter with a cup of sugar. In a separate bowl combine: 1.25 cups flour, 1 egg, dash of salt, splash of vanilla extract, half cup of chopped, dried pears, and only as many almond slivers as you think are really necessary to make people believe that they are an important ingredient.
Throw them in the oven at 190 C for 10-15 mins, during which time the mess above transforms into delightfully high, fluffy muffins:

No comments: