- The freaky chocolate children of Moscow
- Cadbury Offers to Pay £1 of Your Hospital Bill
- Poor Ireland gets stuck with Time Out
- Halloween in England
- UPDATE: My One-Month Plan to Seduce the Chocolate Man
- Cocaine is not Candy, Boys and Girls
- The long walk home
- Turndown Service
- A Daily, 5-Second Vacation for The Chosen
Thursday, July 10, 2008
The Germans like Astronauts
When I was a kid Astronaut Ice Cream was like Esprit skirts and Guess jeans: only available to the lucky kids. My mom refused to shell out 8 bucks for a packet of fake ice cream--which in any case was only available at Imaginarium.
The end result was that I craved Astronaut Ice Cream. I'd have dreams about it, and at one point even considered a career in austronautism so that I could have it every day.
(By the time I finally did get to try it--during another student's 4th-grade science experiment presentation--I discovered that it's really like smooth chalk, and not really all that special.)
In any case, after all those years of deprivation, you can imagine how excited I was to find Astronaut Ice Cream at the Hamburg airport a few months ago.