Sunday, November 09, 2008

In Recovery


Apologies for not having posted for a few weeks. I've been in serious recovery mode following a rather indecent Halloween festivus during which I average a pack of candy corns or Halloween pumpkins a day.

It's all because I didn't pace my Brachs consumption this year and instead decided to experiment by only only eating Brachs. So no bite-sized Snickers or Skittles fun packs. Just the artifical, sugary sugary sweetness of my beloved, seasonal Brachs.

I'm still not sure what my experiment accomplished in the grand scheme of things, but I do know that when I tossed the final candy corn in my mouth yesterday I actually had to spit it out because my body just couldn't take it anymore.

Could the Moko be weaned off sugar forever???



P.S. Even if I am forever off sugar, I'd still like to remind you all of the tragedy hitting American supermarket aisles. As I noted a year or so ago, Brachs' shelf space is on the decline: this year only Walgreens seemed to be selling them, which you know is a bad sign considering they are the only ones stil carrying Christy Brinkley cosmetics. If/when I recover I will launch a letter-writing campaign to our Congress. I hope you will join me.

3 comments:

Joie de vivre said...

I didn't see Halloween pumpkins for sale at all this year. I think American kids are spoiled with their fun sized Snickers bars...shame.

Moko said...

I know! It's such a shame. And the crazy part isn't so much that they're being replaced by Snickers but rather by Milky Way!! I mean, do you know anyone these days who actually buys a Milky Way? They don't taste bad--but they don't really taste like anything...

Anonymous said...

Hello Moko:

I would like to contact you regarding a candy idea. Would you possibly have an office phone number I could call? If you would prefer to contact me at:
212-465-1290

Thanks so much, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Elisa London