Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Maple raisin oatmeal cookies


These cookies are super tasty and ridiculously easy to make. I made them for a female coworker whom a male coworker had described as being 'the essence of oatmeal.' That to me sounded like the kiss of death, so I set out to make something a bit more attractive as my coworker is not a bland, beige mushy woman.

In an ideal world you'd use your favorite chewy sugar cookie recipe as the base here. If you don't have time to make that from scratch--and if you're in the U.S., where the pre-made stuff is easy to find--then you can just buy the refrigerated Pilsbury kind. You're going to throw so much stuff in/on there that I'm not convinced it will be a massive problem to use prepared dough.

Anyway, here we go:

Take your sugar cookie dough, beat in 1 cup oats, 1 cup raisins, and 2 tbps maple syrup. Throw the tsp-sized dollops into an oven at 350 F for 9-11 mins.

Once the cookies have cooled, drizzle them (or in my case, dunk them) in maple syrup glaze. To make the glaze: 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tbsp maple syrup---then keep adding more syrup until you get a nice drizzling consistency (it seemed to take me about 2.5 tbsps total).

1 comment:

Anne @ Pink Galoshes said...

Excllent recipe! I love finding new ways to make oatmeal raisin cookies!