Thursday, January 01, 2009

On Chocolate, the New Year, and Resolutions


So what did you get for Christmas?

80 chocolate liqueurs, re-gifted to you from your father, who received them from a patient?

A certificate for a box of Sees chocolates (impossible to redeem since most Sees stores are closing)?

A colorful pack of chocolats du monde?

Three random Tootsie Rolls left over from my Halloween pumpkin from age 12?

I've decided that with each piece of chocolate I eat in the initial week of 2009 I will have to make a New Year's resolution. The strategy is designed to limit the amount of chocolate I consume, but I could easily see myself ending up with several, increasingly stupid resolutions. My first one--made over a bar of Dagoba chocolate tonight--was to eat less chocolate in 2009. But since I shared the bar with two other people and only had about half of it myself, I've decided that that resolution isn't valid.

5 comments:

Jon said...

still, your intent is noble. and you certainly showed restraint in allowing others to partake and emerge unscathed...

Moko said...

That's only because it was 74% dark chocolate. Anything above 66% and it becomes much easier for me to share...

Anonymous said...

...and what about the resolution bond between mother/daughter???I'd say you could be somewhat redeemed by trashing the Tootsie Rolls from Halloween, circa 1990...See's chocolate closing? I missed that..maybe I was foraging for SNACKS.

Pam Walter said...

See's closing? Say it isn't so! http://blog.sweetservices.com/sweetscandyblog/

Moko said...

I don't know what's going on with See's. At SFO (SF airport) last week I was told that See's had closed all of their stands there this summer, and the woman sweeping up at Starbucks said they were going out of business. So clearly I have this on very good authority! ;-)