- The freaky chocolate children of Moscow
- Cadbury Offers to Pay £1 of Your Hospital Bill
- Poor Ireland gets stuck with Time Out
- Halloween in England
- The long walk home
- UPDATE: My One-Month Plan to Seduce the Chocolate Man
- Cocaine is not Candy, Boys and Girls
- Turndown Service
- A Daily, 5-Second Vacation for The Chosen
Thursday, January 01, 2009
On Chocolate, the New Year, and Resolutions
So what did you get for Christmas?
80 chocolate liqueurs, re-gifted to you from your father, who received them from a patient?
A certificate for a box of Sees chocolates (impossible to redeem since most Sees stores are closing)?
A colorful pack of chocolats du monde?
Three random Tootsie Rolls left over from my Halloween pumpkin from age 12?
I've decided that with each piece of chocolate I eat in the initial week of 2009 I will have to make a New Year's resolution. The strategy is designed to limit the amount of chocolate I consume, but I could easily see myself ending up with several, increasingly stupid resolutions. My first one--made over a bar of Dagoba chocolate tonight--was to eat less chocolate in 2009. But since I shared the bar with two other people and only had about half of it myself, I've decided that that resolution isn't valid.