Thursday, December 18, 2008

One man's poison is another man's icing


I love Christmas cookies but am such a lazy person that once my baking is done I could care less about presentation.

Case in point: these once-lovely, now disastrous gingerbread cookies. Would you eat something that looked like this? Of course not. It looks like someone vomitted rainbow Nerds on some of them.

But would I eat these cookies, topped with a half-inch of icing and lots of jelly doodads?

Yes, I probably would. And probably did.

2 comments:

Pam Walter said...

Well, they're different and probably tasted great! So it really is an "eye of the beholder" thing. http://blog.sweetservices.com/sweetscandyblog/

Moko said...

Well, to be honest the best part was the icing. My gingerbread was a bit hard by the time I got around to eating it, so I ended up trying to scrape off all the icing with my teeth. In the process I managed to spray gingerbread guts across my kitchen, but boy was that icing good...

Btw is that free candy offer on your blog still true?!?