Saturday, December 13, 2008

Speculicious


This fuzzy pic, taken after a few glasses of wine last night in Brussels, is of one of the best desserts I've had in recent memory. If it looks to you like Tiramisu, well, that's because it is. But it's made 400 times more exciting by the addition of speculoos.

It sounds like some weird, sticky thing or maybe a funny Belgian word for 'rumor,' but as far as I can tell speculoos is a nicely spiced, graham crackery cookie concoction. My Belgian colleagues said it was 'ze best' and I have to agree.

2 comments:

Adam Lasnik said...

Oh, I LOVE that cookie (it's named something similarly in Germany, though I can't remember exactly what). Wish I could find/buy it here in the U.S.; goes so splendid with coffee or (you'll appreciate this more, probably) hot chocolate!

Moko said...

You don't need any US importer, Adam, you have got an army ofDublin-based SQEs at your disposal! Make it a part of their OKRs... ;-)