Monday, January 26, 2009

The Great Gizzada


I've been meaning to blog about this Jamaican razzmatazz --officially called a gizzada--for a year now and I don't know what's kept me from doing so. Pick at least two from the below excuses:

1. I've been trying to duplicate it in my kitchen and have yet to succeed.

2. I've been hoping my Jamaican friend would bring me two more gizzadas so that I could blog about eating FOUR and not just two. But he's clearly over a year late in doing that. Ahem.

3. I couldn't find anything to say beyond the fact that these things are amazing and like non-stop sugary coconut sweetness.

4. This gizzada may well have upended my entire theory around the Candy Index, which will now need updating to include postmodernism and neo-colonial influence in tropical countries.

No comments: