Friday, January 16, 2009

Moko es mucha galleta

I feel like many of us reach a certain age where we realize two things: 1) we're not going to be rock stars, and 2) we should give up any dream of becoming a benevolent dictator.

For me this moment came much later than for most, despite the fact that I can't sing or play an instrument, and my ludicrous attempt to overthrow an African nation was squelched rather quickly. It is hard to kill the optimism of youth!

Anyway, while in Costa Rica over Christmas my dictator wishes rose again after seeing this sign:


mucho/a = lots, many galleta=cookie

If I was a dictator this would be my national flag, soccer team uniform, and the song I would make the people sing as I greeted theme each Sunday from my jewel-encrusted balcony.

Moko....es muuuuuuuuuucha galleta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd imagine your palace would be made of candy, not jewels. Or maybe the jewels are made of candy. Anyway, Presidente Moko would make a big show of eating her palace throughout the year. Foreigners would scoff that there was hardly any GDP left in the country to re-build the palace at the start of each year. To which fools, the beloved subjects of Moko would say, "Of course we can find enough building material. Moko es muuuuccchhaaa galleta!"