- The freaky chocolate children of Moscow
- Cadbury Offers to Pay £1 of Your Hospital Bill
- Poor Ireland gets stuck with Time Out
- Halloween in England
- The long walk home
- UPDATE: My One-Month Plan to Seduce the Chocolate Man
- Cocaine is not Candy, Boys and Girls
- Turndown Service
- A Daily, 5-Second Vacation for The Chosen
Friday, January 09, 2009
SOS - Save Our See's!
As I mentioned the other day (somewhere, I don't remember where), I think See's is on its way out.
I've decided to start my first-ever Internet rumor by suggesting that See's may have hit hard times--perhaps even going out of business. Am I allowed to do that? If I use words like "alleged" does that mean See's won't get mad at me if it turns out not to be true? (Incidentally, if my rumor did prove successful and if See's really wanted to set the record straight, they should just contact me via this blog and send me a lot of chocolate--but no peanut clusters please--to convince me of their solvency.)
Anyway, my proof is the following: a few weeks ago in San Francisco airport I discovered that the See's stores had all disappeared. A magazine stand employee confirmed that they had closed down about a half year ago; a Starbucks employee said they had heard there would never be any See's ever again.