Thursday, February 05, 2009

False advertising


The Moko recently fell victim to candy fraud.

I was in the Tel Aviv airport duty free shop when I spotted this retro fantastic metallic box. I figured it was sure to have something Mokolicious in there. Alas, once I opened the box I discovered six of these plastic boxes which contained something horrid....actually, before I tell you what the disappointing contents were, I'm opening it up to your guesses. Should I have known better, or was I victim of Israeli product design fraud?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have said Skittles but since you're saying it's a disappointment...

dog biscuits?

Anonymous said...

how about horrid condoms...or horrid dental floss?

Carl Weaver said...

Halvah? I love it but lots of folks don't.

Anonymous said...

dried fish??

Anonymous said...

something dental? I only say so because the icon on the bottom right looks so toothy.

Moko said...

one of you is very, very close...

Joie de vivre said...

Hmmm...was it cigarettes?

Moko said...

Ok, ok, this is going to be anti-climatic but...it was gum.

Gum is SO boring. I was really annoyed and felt like a sucker.

Gimpei said...

So how was anyone close?

Moko said...

jeez Gimpei. If you weren't busy whining about slate or the economy and spent more time reading my Mokoites' hard hitting analysis you would have noticed this comment:

"something dental? I only say so because the icon on the bottom right looks so toothy."