Wednesday, July 22, 2009

On globalization, architecture, and chocolate

Greetings from Prague, Mokoites!

I actually meant to post something last week, but I was in Milan and utterly uninspired...who would've thunk that Italy could make an ugly city? Duomo aside, the highlight of my trip was a motorcycle tour of fascist architecture in public transport structures. And that was as interesting for about as long as it took me to write that sentence.

But Prague, oh Prague! Prague is all things to all people. The romantics among us love it for its historic cobblestone and charming buildings; the English for its reputation as a cheap place to get drunk; and for Moko as the home of many heavy pastries that remind her of the Prussian Empire.

...but that actually wasn't the point of this post.

The point, of course, was that I've now been able to find Thomas-themed Pocky in three countries - UK, Japan, and Czech Republic.


No comments: