Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Counting down the days with Chrome

When I was a kid I envied the teenagers who got to drive around with branded cars that had the name of a pizza place or a blow-up animal on the roof. Whether or not this was actually effective marketing never really crossed my mind, but I will say that in the 15+ years since seeing my first-ever Red Bull car, I've never managed to work for a company who's done flashy marketing or has let me drive a neon-colored car.

...particularly now, as I work for a tech company that rarely does any offline marketing or fancy promos. Until, until, until, dear readers, they came up with this: the Chrome advent calendar. I was so excited when I saw this that I tried to sweet talk several colleagues into donating their calendars to moi. Inside each box is a chocolate Chrome icon.

Now, to the degree I can be objective about these things, I do think Chrome is the fastest browser out there. But the fact that it now comes equipped with a chocolate advent calendar makes it 100% clear that this is the best browser in the world! (P.S. Why can't all tech products be rendered in chocolate....it'd certainly be better than chocolate trying to be tech!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about the quality of the chrome chocolates or the idea of product placement, but the tree and gifts are wonderfully rendered! Any chance of showing up in Portland with an empty advent calendar????

All in all, very cool.