- Cadbury Offers to Pay £1 of Your Hospital Bill
- The freaky chocolate children of Moscow
- Halloween in England
- Poor Ireland gets stuck with Time Out
- Turndown Service
- Cocaine is not Candy, Boys and Girls
- UPDATE: My One-Month Plan to Seduce the Chocolate Man
- A Daily, 5-Second Vacation for The Chosen
- On cupcakes and chemistry
Thursday, March 18, 2010
One of those things that seemed like a great idea
I came back from a recent trip to California bearing a box of Sees, a whole bunch of Jell-O pudding, and a bag of one of my favorite annual treats, Brach's jelly beans. Patience has never been my strong suit, so I opened the jelly beans while I was still in the bus back to Tokyo. By the time I arrived, there were only the black and purple ones left and I was feeling a bit nauseous.
So when I got to my apartment I had the brilliant idea that I would scatter the jelly beans around my rug, then go on an Easter egg hunt for them. I figured that that would at least buy my stomach 20 minutes before it received another sugar rush.
Well, for those of you thinking you might try this at home, let me offer one big tip: don't do this if you have a dark rug...one week later and I have had a few early morning surprises of jelly beans popping up between my toes.